Friday, March 09, 2007

My Yahoo! Beta: Wired

"As expected, the new Ajaxified My Yahoo launched today. I ran right over to the upgrade site to test it out. I quickly built my own personalized start page.
First impressions: It's easy to use. In fact, it's so simple, I'm sure my dad would have no problems figuring out how to manage feeds and move things around. Searching for new content modules is pretty good, though it needs work. I typed in "Wired News" and I had to scroll down past a few Reuters boxes to find what I was looking for.
The "Featured" slot for highlighting modules users might want is a nice touch. It opens up the universe a little bit for users new to the personalized start page game. Page configurations can be shared via email or IM.
So here's why I won't ever be using it again."

No comments: