PwC's Gerard Verweij and Mike Pearl to Deliver Executive Solution Address on Cloud Computing and Digital Transformation: Your Next Competitive Advantage?
NEW YORK, Sept. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- PwC LLP Advisory principals Gerard Verweij, Mike Pearl, and Gary Loveland; managing director Xavier Menendez and directors Blake Cooper, Ashima Jain and Moe Gohary will deliver presentations at Oracle® OpenWorld 2010 on how companies can best navigate the current complex business environment. Throughout the conference, PwC will focus on a variety of important topics relevant in today's business landscape including Cloud Computing, Digital Transformation and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC).
PwC is a Grande Level sponsor of the annual event which takes place on September 19-23 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco.
"We are delighted to be at OpenWorld once again this year and are looking forward to sharing our insights to important challenges facing organizations today," said Gerard Verweij, PwC principal and leader of PwC's Oracle practice. "Cloud computing and digital transformation can not only help companies revolutionize their business by eliminating the technology barriers that have long frustrated business leaders, but it can deliver best in class solutions at a fraction of previous investments. If applied well, cloud computing can enable innovation, improve time-to-market and increase flexibility."
The Executive Solution session, "Cloud Computing and Digital Transformation: Your Next Competitive Advantage?" presented by Gerard Verweij and Mike Pearl, will explore how a clearly integrated cloud strategy equates to a business value far deeper than cost savings - and can give your company a new competitive advantage. The discussion will take place on September 20th 11:00 a.m. in the YBCA, Novellus Theater, San Francisco.
Other PwC-led sessions at Oracle® OpenWorld 2010 include:
- "Failure to Success- Using Best Practices to Drive Hyperion Planning Success" by Blake Cooper of PwC on September 20 at 3:30 p.m. in Salon 2 at the Marriott Marquis.
- Learn how a failed Hyperion Planning implementation was resurrected at a global company. Attendees will explore the various change management and best practice techniques that proved critical in order to simplify the planning process and drive project success.
- "FAS13/IAS17 Lease Accounting Changes and PeopleSoft Enteprise ALM Applications" by Loida McDearis & Howard Shaw, Oracle and Xavier Menendez & Ashima Jain, PwC on September 21 at 5:00 pm in Metropolitan II, Westin Market Street Hotel.
- The FASB and IASB are jointly working on new standards that will significantly change lease accounting. The proposed changes are expected to affect nearly every company by eliminating operating lease accounting and requiring that all leases be treated as capital leases. This session shows how a lease administration system that is part of a complete, integrated financials suite can provide a seamless solution.
- "Implementing Complex User Access Management Systems for the Fortune 100" a panel discussion co-moderated byGary Loveland of PwC on September 22 at 10:00 a.m. in room 309, Moscone South.
- Panel discussion on the opportunities and challenges of implementing role-based provisioning and user certification processes for large-scale enterprises, the panel discusses topics such as managing large-scale user bases of 300K+, addressing diverse access and attestation requirements, and onboarding hundreds of platforms and applications. Panelists: David Young (Target), Matthew Costello (Boeing), Robert Kellner (U.S. Bank), Moderators: Gary Loveland (PwC), Rohit Gupta (Oracle).
- "Global Hyperion at General Motors: Managing Risk, Governance, Continuity, TCO" by Moe Gohary, PwC on September 22at 4:45 pm in the Telegraph Hill room, InterContinental Hotel.
- In this session, GM and PwC show how GM significantly reduced and managed its TCO and risk by implementing a sustained methodology.
Oracle® OpenWorld brings more than 1,800 sessions, 400 partner exhibits, keynotes from the world's technology leaders, hands-on labs, several special networking events, and more. Attendees can learn more about PwC's Oracle practice at Booth 911, Moscone Convention Center South or visit www.pwc.com/us/oracle.
About PwC's Advisory Practice
PwC's Advisory professionals help organizations improve business performance, respond quickly and effectively to crisis, and extract value from transactions. We help clients implement their business strategies and priorities to build effective organizations, innovate and grow profitably, reduce costs, manage risk and regulation, and leverage talent. As business integrators, we look across the entire organization -- focusing on strategy, structure, people, process and technology -- to help our clients drive sustainable change that yields measurable results.
PwC (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for its clients and their stakeholders. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice.
© 2010 PwC. All rights reserved. In this document, "PwC" refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.