Wednesday, April 30, 2008

blog.pmarca.com: If Microsoft goes fully hostile on Yahoo

"We have seen extensive press coverage of Microsoft's pursuit of Yahoo over the last few months, including notably excellent coverage from Silicon Alley Insider and the Wall Street Journal. However, I have not seen a detailed analysis of how a full hostile takeover might play out -- the kind of analysis that you would be receiving if you were a Microsoft or Yahoo board member.

So I asked a pair of expert corporate attorneys -- Michael Sullivan and Ed Deibert at Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady Falk and Rabkin in San Francisco -- to work up such an analysis. What follows is their take blended with my commentary. (Any factual errors have been caused by my edits to their work. This is complex stuff -- if you are a corporate attorney or investment banker and notice any errors, please email me: pmarcablog (at) gmail (dot) com.)"



No comments: