Thursday, April 28, 2005

Westerners can learn from China, VC says

"Rather than wait for China to adopt Western business styles, U.S. corporations and investors would do well to "easternize," Silicon Valley venture capitalist Joseph Schoendorf said last week."


"A lot of my friends who have come here think China is westernizing, but from what I've seen and been reading about China and Confucius, we'd do better in the U.S. if we easternized รข€” my word," Schoendorf said in his keynote speech at the Asian Technology Roundtable Exhibition (ATRE), a two-day technology and investment forum held here. "There is a core set of values here that I am struggling to learn, and I like what I'm learning. I don't think China is westernizing, nor do I propose that China do that."

[EETimes.com]

No comments: