Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Orb- show me the money?

"While Orb's technology has impressed some analysts, the company's business model has others doubting it can make it as an independent company. Gartner analyst Mike McGuire wonders whether its ambitions are so broad that its message is hard for regular consumers to understand. 'Orb's ability to make content portable is really cool, but is the mass consumer really asking for it?' says McGuire. 'I don't know how they make money.'
Costello insists Orb is onto something big and says he's intent on pushing forward despite the long odds. He claims Apple is the only company that is truly revolutionizing the way people use digital technology to be entertained. So long as that's the case, he's convinced there's room for other visionaries. 'Steve Jobs is doing a fabulous job, and I'm not taking anything away from him,' says the 6-foot, 7-inch Costello. 'But I'm sure I'd be a star basketball player in the Pygmy league.' "

No comments: